Bessacarr Library has now been given approval by the Council to
partially re-open from 3rd December 2020 provided that
is for an Order & Collect Service only and that strict Covid-19
Secure guidelines are followed in accordance with the latest
The library will therefore operate the Order & Collect
Service under the following arrangements:
- The library will initially only be open on Monday and Thursday
mornings between 9.30 and 11.30 am. Further opening times will be
re-introduced once demand has built up.
- Only library volunteers and other approved persons will be
allowed in the library. No members of the public may enter the
library building except for the entrance lobby to return and
- The signed one-way system outside the building must be followed
and social distancing maintained. Access to the library site is via
the main gate with exit via the ramp to the single pedestrian
- People with mobility difficulties and/or mobility aids to enter
and leave via the pedestrian gate.
- Face coverings must be worn once inside the library gates.
- Everyone entering the library lobby must log in at the screened
reception desk and sanitise using the sanitisers provided. A
Covid-19 QR sign is also available to help with contact
- Returned books must be placed in the plastic boxes provided.
They will then be quarantined for 72 hours before being processed
by the library volunteers.
- Members of the library may order books for collection by one of
the methods below:
- Online using the Order & Collect search on the main
Doncaster Libraries website by giving the information detailed
below and specifying Bessacarr Library as the collection
- Children's books may be requested by giving the book title and
author or by using the children's Lucky Dip.
- By phone to the library on 01302 530708 and leaving a message
if the library is not open.
- By email to the library on email@example.com.
- Using a paper order form available at the library, possibly at
St Francis Church or at the Co-op. Completed forms can be placed in
the library postbox next to the main gate or when collecting
previously ordered books.
- Due to the need to keep the collection point moving and free of
congestion, verbal requests cannot be taken at the collection
- Ordered books will be ready for pick up on the table at the
side of the entrance lobby. There will be no need to present the
library card for scanning.
- All requests will be processed by the library volunteers who
will contact the requester to arrange a date and time for
collection. If a book is not available, this will be advised.
- All high use contact surfaces inside and outside the
library will be cleaned at the start and end of each library
Information Required to Enable Ordered Books to be Picked:
- Name and/or library card number
- Contact phone number
- Email address
- Age (if for a child)
- How many books
- Favourite authors/subjects, the more the better
- Favourite genres (if Fiction)
- Preferred book format (Hardback, Paperback, Large Print,
All at Bessacarr Library are looking forward to seeing our
library users again and especially the children. Unfortunately, we
are unable to say when a full re-opening of the library will be
permitted - this can only happen after the government changes the
Chair, Bessacarr Community Library
4 December 2020